Care & Maintenance
Maintain A Hot Tub With AquaSpa
Maintaining an AquaSpa hot tub is a simple, easy 3 STEP process.
STEP 1: Add AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser once per week at 60ml per 1,000L tub water.
STEP 2: Add Aquaspa Spa Kleer once per week at 60ml per 1,000 L tub water.
STEP 3: Add Aquaspa Spa Shock once per week at 20gms per 1,000L tub water.
- For optimum water clarity, or after heavy usage, add Aquaspa Spa Shock at 20 gms per 1,000 ltrs after each use.
- Use AquaSpa Instant Filter Klenz to clean filter cartridges once per week OR after heavy bathing loads.
- If people drink alcohol in the tub they significantly increase the amount of perspiration and body fats in the tub. These body fats are trapped in the filter cartridge until it becomes clogged and then cloudy water will result. For optimum water clarity filter cartridges should be cleaned afterwards.
- Check pH, Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness level once a week. The ideal level of pH is between 7.2-7.6. The ideal level of Alkalinity is between 80-140ppm and the ideal level of Calcium Hardness is between 80-120ppm.
- Use AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer to increase pH. Use AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Reducer to decrease pH.
- When adjusting pH it is better to use half the recommended dose at a time, rechecking after 1 hour.
- Use AquaSpa Calcium Enhancer to increase Calcium.
- More is not better – DO NOT OVERDOSE.
- A light brown foam may appear around the waterline, depending on source water quality. This is a normal after effect as the Shock oxidizes water impurities. Simply wipe off the foam with a soft cloth. For a persistent brown line add a further dose of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover.
- AquaSpa is not compatible with chlorine or bromine based products. DO NOT COMPLIMENT TREATMENT WITH THESE PRODUCTS
- Always remove cover when adding product and leave uncovered for at least 30 minutes after treatment to allow tub to ‘breathe’.
- Add half a dose (25gm per 1000 litres) of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover prior to topping up your hot tub.
- Your tub should be drained every 3-4 months. Use AquaSpa Pipe Klenz to clean oils and body fats from your pipe work.
Cloudy water can be caused by one of 4 issues:
Incorrect water balance.
Check pH levels and adjust if necessary to between 7.2-7.6ppm
Check Alkalinity Levels and adjust if necessary to between 80-140ppm
Incorrect dosing of AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser and/or AquaSpa Spa Kleer. Either too much or too little of both or either can cause cloudy water.
Test the Sanitiser Level. Your desired level is 15-20ppm. If your tub has been overdosed, remove a third of the water and dilute with fresh water adding 25gms of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover per 1000L and then retest the sanitiser levels
Blocked filter cartridges.
Remove your filter cartridges and clean with AquaSpa Instant Filter Klenz
Shock dose your spa with a double dose of AquaSpa Shock and run the filter for 12 hours leaving the cover off the spa
Build up of body fat in pipe work.
Apply AquaSpa Pipe Klenz to clean the interior pipe work
Run your tub for two hours, drain and flush spa, then thoroughly clean
A line of brown scum can be caused either by excess body fats or when water contaminated with chlorine has been added to your tub.
Add 50gms of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover and run the pump on auto.
Use AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer on a damp rag to remove the line of brown scum.
Foaming is usually caused by either incorrect water balance or an excess build up of body fats in the filter cartridge or pipe work.
Add one cap of AquaSpa Anti-Foam to stop the foam from forming
Clean your filter cartridge with AquaSpa Instant Filter Klenz
If foaming persists, use AquaSpa Pipe Klenz and refill your spa
AQUASPA TESTING PROCEDURE
Water should be checked when tub is first filled and weekly thereafter.
The test kit tests for AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser (biguanide) and pH (AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser), pH and Alkalinity levels.
Sanitiser (Biguanide) level should be 15-20ppm.
- To increase sanitiser level add AquaSpa Spa Sanitiser
- If your tub has been overdosed, remove a third of the water and dilute with fresh water adding 25gms of AquaSpa Chlorine Remover per 1000L and then retest the sanitiser levels
pH level should be between 7.2-7.6ppm
- To increase pH use AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer
- Do not add more than 40gms of AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer (per 1000L) at a time.
- To decrease pH use AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Reducer
Total Alkalinity levels should be between 80-140ppm
- To increase total alkalinity, add AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer
- Do not add more than 40gms of AquaSpa pH and Alkalinity Enhancer (per 1000L) at a time
Calcium Hardness should be between 80-120 ppm.
- To increase Calcium Hardness level add AquaSpa Calcium Enhancer
Please contact your local pool shop and buy any further water treatment through them or an online store.
Paradise Hot Tubs only sells the initial start-up pack.
Hot Tub Water Care & Maintenace
Taking care of your tub is simple and important to keeping your water clean and the tub running well. Good tub maintenance involves regularly cleaning the cover and filter of your tub, checking the water mineral levels and adding the right water treatment products as needed. It is especially important to maintain the right water mineral levels because your pump equipment will corrode if too high and bacteria can take over if the levels are too low. Simple cleaning of your cover as well will help keep your tub working better longer and protect from bad bacteria and germs. Overall, regular attention to your tub maintenance will keep your hot tub water sparkling and inviting for all bathers.